Friday, May 15

So this thing about clutter : Part 2

a cross stitch I did when i was about 9/10, uncovered in the last clean-up

So its been 2 weeks since my last post on my major overhaul on the cluttered homefront. I said "For the first time ever, i am making a conscious decision to keep at this and de-clutter my space. To be more present with the choices i make daily. "

15 days later, where do I stand?

I'm elated to share that I have been consciously keeping at this neatness 'thing'. For the first time in prolly forever, I have been making my bed everyday. Every single day. My dresser that used to be overrun by my beauty products is still neat and everything has been going back to its own little nook. My study has also maintained its status where I can actually see the table surface now. I have been somewhat conscious with my choices daily and wow, what a difference it makes!

And this newfound freedom has took on other areas in my life ~ like the computer. I have finally set up folders so that my daily subscription emails goes to their own and I can check on them when I want to, instead of having to weed through every one of them. So simple, yet so easy to overlook.

Other small steps I have taken includes registering my domain name for Erase and Repeat. Even if it only links to the etsy shop for the moment, it's a step nonetheless in the right direction :) Perhaps its time to work on a webpage eh? For now I'm working on my namecard design in preparation for my first craft booth at MAAD come July! Yes, I have send in my reservation, hopefully it gets approved. Now buzzing with 101 ideas on things to make :)

These are but some of the things that has been on my mind and to do list for a while now. Taking action is always hard for me for the first few times, but I do think it gets easier the more I flex that DO muscle. Now i need to take up the courage to do more from that list...

Safe to say, I have been feeling more in my game, even when I have had less than motivational thoughts in the wee hours of the morning. Like Aimee said, perhaps its a creative tension that I'm feeling as I'm stretching my wings and learning to fly. Slowly but sure, uh?

Oh, and I attended my third yoga class yesterday and I'm loving it! Friends of mine would know that I have been talking about taking up yoga for soooo long now. Well, I have finally signed up and started and boy, does it feel good :) I'm not a athletic person, so yoga and stretching myself into weird positions is totally up my alley!

I shall end this post with a tweet I just read from Robin Sharma ~

"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare. It is because we do not dare that things are difficult." Seneca


Aaaaaaaahhh, perpective :)

No comments:

Post a Comment