Thursday, March 5

A journey of Authenticity


" If we want to understand our struggles with perfectionism, judgment, blame, and disconnection, we have to step into it. If we want to know compassion, courage, authenticity, and belonging - we have to walk through it. We can hold hands, but we gotta go. "

Something that has been close to my heart since the last couple of years. The journey back to authenticity. Back then, when i had started questioning my own struggles with life, it didn't have the the fancy mumbo jumbo. Beneath all this external build up that i had thought was acting as a shield against the world, there was me. Once with the perfection of a child, worry free and without boundary. Before getting messed up and made into moulds of what we should be doing, should be saying to be accepted. Its something I'm still struggling with. Everyday. To make a choice in living authentically, even when its hard. But as they say, a journey of a thousand miles start with a single step...

There is no doubt when i discovered Brene's work and her blog that i felt an instant connectivity. It spoke to me. Brene is so open with her thoughts and feelings and the way the express her feeling into written words is just so succinct at times. The image above will definitely be making its way onto my wall, as a quick reminder each day that I'm not alone and its ok to be scared and I must forge on ♥

I dropped by today to the news of her new books (there are 2), a read along and also a start to a movement. How exciting! The book in question is I Thought It was just Me :Women Reclaiming Power and Courage in a Culture of Shame. The wholehearted movement will be where there's going to be a lot of sharing and learning. What a great way to get people up and moving. I can't wait for it to start!

If you have not been there before, do go over for a look ♥





p/s All this rain (its been raining very heavily all week) is putting me into a comtemplative mode. Been doing much reading snuggled under my warm blankets and some journaling too. Looks like there won't be any new pieces in the shop this week :p

No comments:

Post a Comment